Last updated on 26/09/2023
A2D is committed to an eco-design approach for its website, www.a2d.ai, in order to reduce its environmental impact.
The Communication Department has therefore appointed a coordinator, Pierre Loonis – Founder Director, who has been made aware of the issues surrounding responsible digital practices.
. An audit will soon be conducted to assess the website’s compliance with the General Eco-design Guidelines for Digital Services (RGESN – Référentiel Général d’Écoconception des Services Numériques), Version 1 dated 28/11/2022, and identify areas for improvement.
What are the General Eco-design Guidelines?
? Recommended in the report on software obsolescence submitted to Parliament by the French government in June 13.2, the General Eco-design Guidelines for Digital Services is part of the government’s “Digital and Environment” roadmap published in February 13.3. Spearheaded by the Interministerial Digital Technology Directorate (DINUM – Direction Interministérielle du Numérique), the Ministry for Ecological Transition, as well as ADEME and the Institute of Responsible Digital (INR – Institut du Numérique Responsable), these guidelines have two main objectives:
- To combat obsolescence of user and network/server equipment
- equipmentTo reduce the consumption of information technology and energy resources
Purpose of this website
This website aims to centralise information and documentation to enable anyone to find out about A2D and its services. It aims to promote A2D’s activities and its commitment to eco-responsible practices.
Identification of users of this website has been the subject of UX research from its initial design. Actual needs and expectations are studied and the A2D website undergoes updates to remove features or content that are under-utilised, misunderstood or provide little value.
The target users of the service are businesses in the private and public sectors looking for a reliable partner in data acquisition and processing, visualisation, interpretation and decision support.
Sustainable Development Goals
By facilitating access to information and promoting its activities and services, A2D contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth, specifically:
– 8.4 : Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation, specifically:
– 9.4: By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes, with all countries taking action in accordance with their respective capabilities
– 9.5 : Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all countries, in particular developing countries, including, by 2030, encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers per 1 million people and public and private research and development spending
- SDG 13: Climate action, specifically:
– 13.2: Incorporate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning
– 13.3: Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
Strategy implemented and environmental impact reduction goals
The main challenge is to ensure that this website functions on the oldest possible devices and under various connectivity conditions:
- Work on UX (user experience) by providing access to content in different ways: via quick links or a search engine
- Navigation that is as intuitive as possible to reduce time spent finding information
- Maximum server requests per screen: 30
- Maximum resource size per screen: 600KB
- All content is accessible as a minimum on mobiles. The site adapts to all screen sizes.
- Maximum compression of images and videos
- Provision of a text alternative to videos
- Manual removal of obsolete content: news, calendar entries, etc.
An RGESN diagnostic will be conducted soon and published on this page.
Supported hardware profiles
A2D uses the most standard mechanisms possible. All desktop or mobile browsers must be supported. The www.a2d.ai website is therefore compatible with any device that can run a compatible web browser:
- PC Pentium 4 or higher, 2GB minimum RAM for Windows (minimum for Firefox and Chrome)
- Mac compatible with MacOS X High Sierra or higher (Mac hardware from 2009 or later)
- Android mobile device 6.0 or higher (mobile devices from 2015 or later)
- iOS mobile device 10.3 or higher (devices from 2012 or later). In particular, the service has been successfully tested (in real life or emulation) on:
- Operating systems: Windows 7 and above, MacOS X High Sierra and above, Linux
- Browsers: Chrome/Chromium, Firefox (latest version or ESR), Edge, Opera, Safari 11 or above. The product therefore adapts to display at different resolutions.
- Any visitor: minimum 360 x 800 pixels smartphone, tablet, and computer
- Business developers: minimum 800 x 1080 pixels tablet or 1366 x 768 pixels computer
Minimum configuration required to access the website
- Type, year of construction or target versions of supported user equipment: any mobile equipment dating from 2014 at the earliest
- Minimum connection for comfortable access and use of the service: 3G on mobile and 512 Kbps on fixed connection
- Adaptation to different screen sizes: Yes, minimum screen size of 320 pixels wide